Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Some more answers

I was chewing on what I wrote yesterday myself, when I thought I should write some more. I believe God still speaks to us today. I believe that there are many ways we can receive instruction and direction from God. Having said that...combined with what I wrote yesterday...I don't want to be accused of using my "not hearing" to be an excuse for being lazy.

Paul experienced God's silence...related to his "thorn in the flesh". He did not answer him during 3 separate "seasons" of his life when Paul really put his attention toward getting God's attention. The answer was finally "no". Of course, that's never the answer we want! God didn't stop there, he did promise to give Paul the grace to accept his situation. This is where we live. We all have something, someone or some aspect of life that we want God to change!

Just the other day someone prophetically spoke into my life. Here is what they said:
God is pleased with you. He has heard your prayer and is going to answer you, but you must remain humble.
That's much like what God's response to Paul was. God wanted him to maintain his humility so that God could receive the glory. Remember to always keep God in proper perspective...but more importantly, keep yourself in proper perspective as well.

No comments: