Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm back

Wow...vacation was great. Kind of just what the doctor ordered. Relax, skim board, do some fishing and spend time with family - especially my wife! I love the beach. I took books to read, but got no where!

As promised, I'll post one picture. Not a great shot, but there weren't many to choose from. I've got to check with my sister-in-law to see if she got any video footage... I spent most of THU morning skim boarding since the wind wasn't that strong and the waves were lining up really nice. I quit early...not because I wanted to, but because I knew I would get hurt if I didn't. Last years hamstring popping experience was not only painful, but was debilitating! I couldn't walk right for nearly 2 weeks. So, I only put my body on the line for about 2 hours. I guess I'm getting wiser with age. I ran into 4-5 teenagers that all came down by the pier to skim...they were pretty good. They were amazed by my board (which was older than most of them...custom made in 1987), and my skills! Good times had by all...

No comments: