Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Loyalty

Loyalty is a foreign concept these days. I've been in the workplace for over 20 years and in ministry for over 10...and things are no better in ministry. I know a guy who recently signed on at one church and was lured away to his "dream job" within 6 months. That's not the worst of it, he left his dream job, although he had signed a multi-year contract, before the first year was up. I guess God changed his mind about his commitment level or so the excuse goes, I'm sure.

Reality is, most people are living their lives for themselves. Making their desires a priority over those they serve. That doesn't even work in nature...most animals are more loyal than most people. For those of you who don't know already - I'm a huge nature fan. If fact, I've just been inspired to do a multi-entry post on loyalty...all related to nature.

I'll post the next several entries on loyalty specifically as illustrated in the world of nature...and tie it back to scripture...

No comments: