Friday, May 23, 2008

Leadership

Leadership is a passion of mine. I've got so many cliche's I could make your head spin. Everything rises and falls on leadership...Leadership is a stewardship, it's temporary, and you are accountable...I could go on forever, but I won't. You do know that there is a difference between leaders and managers...right? Most of us have been "managed" for most of our lives, but few of us have the privilege of being "led"...much less led well. I recently heard some teaching that was called the law of thirds. It had to do with managing, but I think it would apply to leading as well.

Most of those around you fall into 3 categories...Supporters, Undecided, Nay-Sayer's. If you concentrate on your supporters, half the Nay-Sayer's will "disappear" and most of the undecided will shift to being a supporter. Unfortunately, most of us work on converting the Nay-Sayer's, because we naturally want everyone to like us. Nay-Sayer's almost never change, so when we take that approach, half the supporters "disappear" and most of the undecided learn that you get attention by becoming a Nay-Sayer.

Start working more with those around you that are positive and believe in you. I think you will see that others will start to come around and support you as well...

No comments: