Monday, June 2, 2008

Relationships

I guess all of you think I watch too much animal planet by now...but actually, I learned most of what I know about animals from reading books and observation. I used to go on nature excursions with my grandmother in the woods, down the beach and many other places. They always had a bird feeder and I just enjoyed watching.

Speaking of grandmothers...I want to just post a word about how important relationships are. Both of my dad's parents have passed and neither of my mom's are doing well. I often feel guilty about not seeing my grandparents more before they passed. With the busy life I lead, I have all the excuses in the world not to see them or even be in touch with them often. After all, there are about 900 miles between us! But, if you have a relationship that just isn't quite right - make it a priority to do what you can to make it right!

Let me give you a few powerful scriptures to ponder...
  • 1 Peter 3:7 - "Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers"
  • Matthew 5:23-24 - "Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift"
  • 1 Timothy 5:8 - "If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"
That's some "in your face" truth...you need to take care of your family and your relationships...make them a priority!

No comments: